Indian Head Massage
Indian Head massage works on the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, scalp, ears and face. The areas are massaged using firm yet gentle, rhythmic movements that involve acupressure points called Marma points. The use of oils are optional.
A typical Indian head massage treatment combines massage techniques with gentle stretches in order to loosen and mobilise the muscles and joints of the arms, shoulders and neck. The scalp and face are then gently but deeply massaged. Oils can optionally be used to improve the condition of the hair.
The benefits of Indian Head Massage include;
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Aids sleep
- promotes a sense of general well-being
- Improves mood
- Helps relaxation
- Promotion of skin and hair growth by increasing nourishment and oxygen to the scalp and hair follicles
- Improves blood circulation.
- Removal of toxins from the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage.
- A gentle head massage may also help prevent migraines, headaches and back pain by decreasing tension in the upper back, neck and head.
We are happy to combine 2-3 different therapies into one session to create a unique ‘Specially for you’ treatment, please contact us for more information.
Please note that your consultation time is in addition to your treatment time, new clients please allow an extra 30 minutes for your consultation.
’Complementary Therapy should not be used in place of conventional medical care. Always consult your GP or a health professional for medical attention and advice.’